Goody Goody Binding Kit - MQI Summer Swap 2017

Today I posted off my Goody Goody Binding Kit designed by Lella Boutique to my partner in the MQI summer swap 2017. I have only shown the outside on instagram #mqisummerswap2017 so as not to spoil the surprise for my partner. I think I am safe enough blogging here. I don't think my partner has a very large social media footprint, in other words, I don't think she is likely to read this before she receives her parcel.



I used cotton & steel fabric to make the sewing kit as I think of it. My swappee likes green and blue and these fqs from my Craftsy box of cotton & steel last year fitted the bill.

 As I said in my last post I amended the strawberry shaped scissor holder. I attached a pair of pink decoupage scissors. These are great wee scissors. I have a few pairs. Cheap, cheerful and pointy. Like one of the 1950s film starlets! And they are aviation suitable. Although they are pointy and could do some damage, the blades are short so apparently they are allowable in hand luggage in planes. Useful for EPP etc but not too valuable if they get lost.



The keen eyed amongst you may notice the red felt needle holder. The more discerning amongst you may notice the red felt needle holder. I did try really hard to get some white felt. I looked in all my cupboards at home, I have red felt, brown felt and orange felt. I looked in the local sewing shops and I looked in a couple of shops in England too. Who would have thought it could be so hard to find a teeny tiny piece of white felt? I attached the red felt with a couple of stitches in 4ply sock wool. I may as well compound the horribleness of the clashing red felt! Actually, this is so my partner can easily replace the red with white, or another colour if she wants to.

This was my first time inserting a zip that I cut to length. I always thought that seemed rather nerve wracking. It was. ~ As long as you keep the zipper part in the right part of the zip when cutting it seems to work ok. It made a really neat job and I can see myself doing this again.


In fact I can see myself doing the whole thing again! I was tempted to keep this, but I had no time to make another to send. I can however make another one for myself. I will definitely do this. I might even put a bar of Cadbury's chocolate in my own too!


I made a quick pincushion using some of the leftover fabric and cotton & steel selvedge. I like it too. An extra fq completed the parcel. Here's hoping my partner likes this.


I have been looking at the other kits appearing in instagram. I thought I had spotted the one for  me, but then later in the afternoon I spotted another one that might be for me. Isn't it exciting?

Helen x

Comments

  1. It turned out so well, Helen! I love all the color coordination that you were able to pull off. And the red is a nice pop, even if it wasn't what you had hoped to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great! I agree with Yvonne, I actually really like the red. For me that pop of color is what would help me find my needles. At a glance you know where they are. I can't wait for you to get yours and share it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome. I like the little bit of red. I'm sure your partner will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it... You have done a great job and yes for red...😀 It adds a certain je ne sais quoi .. brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out so lovely! Very professional looking :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I try very hard to reply to them all.