I thought I had nearly all the individual blocks done. Duh. Was I wrong. We had decided to substitute the red for purple, and to use two different shades of purple. We decided on Mulberry as we love the handbags so much, and Magenta as it sounded pretty cool. I just hadn't done the blocks yet.
Now I remembered. My blade is a little blunt and I was waiting until I got a new one. I haven't got that yet.
Today and yesterday I made the 14 assorted purple blocks. We wanted there to be a subtle difference between the two purples, hoping its not too subtle.
I also made half a dozen charcoal blocks. They look very striking against the white kona.
All set to go on the piecing, but I seemed to have too many Shades of Grey. Not as many as 40 but I had the feeling something wasn't right. There's a reason people write things down. We had decided to go with Steel for the centre diagonal thinking Charcoal was a little strong. We were looking for a very subtle grey palette.
Next I started to sew the blocks together.
Strip 1 was done.
Strip 2 was done.
Strip 3 was done.
It was time to play spot the difference. Again. ... I am trying very hard not to, and to get the greys in the right order. It seemed then that the purple in row 3 was pointing the wrong direction. Nope. It was right, the purples in rows 1 and row 2 were wrong. When I checked the magazine photo, the purples are converse to the greys.
Well, its a start.
This will be set aside. Again. I have something more pressing to work on, secret sewing, but I am showing willing here.
linking up with Beth and Cooking Up Quilts