My dougiesshirts quilt very nearly reached crisis point. I nearly ran out of green background shirt fabric. The blue leaf background shirt fabric lasted so well, the other shirts could nearly be wearable with a stretch of imagination. Think sleeveless, tie waisted for a small woman.
The green shirt, well, it looked there weren't that many green squares really. Leave the hard three corner blocks to the end I thought. Duh. As my mum used to say, do the hardest homework first and get it out of the way, then coast home. And our mums were always right.
Of course the green shirt is short sleeved, hence less fabric. We sailed very close to the wind here. This is the sum total of remaining green fabric, two button bands and a collar and assorted snips! What didn't help was I was busy the green days, and instead of constructive width of shirt strips, I just hacked bits off and trimmed accordingly.
But we made it. One of the bottom green blocks, you can see how close it came to having to piece a bit in, but we made it.
And rather ironically, I have one block left! A green one. This will go creatively into the back or maybe into a scrappy quilt for myself.
linking up with mmm.quilts Freefall qal. and Sandra
yesterday was Friday and linking up with finish it up Friday and crazy mom quilts