Finish A Long, 3rd quarter

For me there can only be one quilt on my Finish A Long list for the 3rd quarter in 2016. No messing about, no setting unrealistic targets I know I can't meet.

Ta Da ..........



The "wedding quilt", as opposed to "THE wedding quilt". The quilt I am making for my son, Dr P and the delightful Miss C, soon to be Mrs C.

No pressure.  If I don't finish in time for the wedding, they do have other forms of bed coverings. Unlike the bride who is making her own wedding dress. As she tells me, she has to finish on target!

I hope to finish the flimsy by the wedding and the quilting by Christmas.

The quilt is all kona cotton, bought from Cindy at www.fluffysheepquilting.com and www.villagehaberdashery.com in a mix of blues and greens. An ombre quilt I'm hoping. As I said before, there is really no great plan. Lots of hst blocks in hues of blues and greens, all eventually sewn together to make a stupendous quilt. Hopefully.

And here are 2 close up photos. The blocks aren't in their final order, the three white blocks together will be repositioned for a start.



Helen x

Comments

  1. I am loving the progress and progression you are making on the wedding quilt. I definitely look forward to cheering you to a beautiful finish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gonna be gorgeous Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is going to be one gorgeous quilt! I love your colors... my favorite palette. What a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my, it's going to be a stunner! This is my first visit, but I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning colours (my faves btw), and wow you are brave just making it up as you go along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is looking good. I like the way the darkest blocks move your eye across the quilt. Good luck getting it all together.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It's going to be fabulous! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I try very hard to reply to them all.