OMG Its A Wedding Quilt

I haven't blogged about his really, but I have been beavering away at a wedding quilt for my son and his partner. Haven't blogged because it is very much a work in progress and very much still a state of mind rather than a project. But its all starting to come together now and the deadline is coming together now too. If I blog about it and link into the One Main Goal (OMG) with Red Letter Quilts and Heidi  it will help me. Won't it?


The plan is there is no plan.

No, seriously. The plan is an ombre quilt in shades of blue and green. The two favourite colours of the marital couple. The half square triangles will all sort of work together like the bride and groom will. And blend in together yet still keep their own personality, I mean colour. You know what I mean. Don't you? It works in my head.

The fabric is all kona from Fluffy Sheep Quilting and The Village Haberdashery. I have recorded each individual block under the hashtag #coulterweddingquilt on ig to keep a sort of diary. I started recording the shades used, but that lasted about two days. I have however recorded the block names and tried to find appropriate block names. From memory and morning star to broken dishes and contrary wife! (ME, not the younger new Mrs C).

So, my One Main Goal for May is to have the blocks all ready to sew together. I have sewn about 20 blocks and  have another 5 in progress. About half way through hopefully. No idea how they will fit together. That can be June's One Main Goal.

Helen x
Linking up with OMG

Comments

  1. This is really looking very good...love the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is really beautiful Helen. Great shades of Kona. I think I would last about 2 days with the keeping track of shades as well.....record keeping is very tedious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, this is going to be a gorgeous quilt! I love combination of different-sized blocks, and the colors are right up my alley! Take care, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello again! Love your approach to this - both the ombre effect and which blocks you are choosing! Looking forward to seeing it together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Helen. Love the colours and like your idea of mixed size blocks and the ombre effect a lot. This is going to be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the colour scheme and think it will look great when done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blocks and great colour. Hope you make them fit together easily!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this and the idea behind it! I've been following your progress on IG and can't wait to see it all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is lovely so far and I am looking forward to seeing it grow and come together, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The wedding couple will cherish this gift of love Helen! I love the color scheme and all the different blocks with so much meaning behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your blocks are coming along Helen, this is really going to be special! I love that you are keeping a sort of journal of the blocks that they will be able to view!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I try very hard to reply to them all.