I'm Alright Jack

I'm alright Jack. I have my Mrs Hot Hot Hot quilt finished. Mr Cool is still waiting for his. Any why do I need a quilt in the summer?




Well. I don't like the feel the canvas cotton on the sun loungers against my feet, or more specifically against my heels and the soles of feet. No. I am not weird. No. I am not a spoilt brat. Its perfectly normal. Isn't it?

These blocks are wonky cross blocks from my Modern Quilters Ireland Stash Bee two years ago, link here to my tutorial. I asked for a solid background, preferably a strong colour. The cross was to be a geometric pattern, or lines or circles in a contrast colour. I reckoned if I kept them long and narrow for the sun loungers, I could add a few blocks and get two garden quilts.





I was simply dividing the blocks in two equal piles when my daughter and niece suggested hot and cool colours.



 And Mrs Hot Hot Hot and Mr Cool were born. (For obvious reasons I couldn't call myself Mrs Hot on the world wide web, though of course I am)  All of a sudden the quilts popped.

 
 
 
My quilt is simply quilted with straight stitching in orange around the cross outline, and bound in an orange spot from Rose and Hubble. My go to binding. I would like to add some quilted circles but these will be added later. Hopefully. I have to crack on with the wedding quilt and prioritise my time.

By prioritising my time, my husband can wait for his!!

Thank you to all the girls in the MQI from 2014 for your blocks. I'm awffy pleased with it on our new decking too, next to my auricular theatre (posh shelving unit for plants).

 
Helen x


Comments

  1. These will be great for summer lounging! And yes, I think it is perfectly normal to want something soft to lay on instead of canvas. Now stop lounging and get to work on that wedding quilt...I'm enjoying watch it come together. Just kidding (well kind of) grab a glass of wine and enjoy some sunshine with that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these quilts and I love that you have an auricular theatre - such class :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Yep, some carpets do that to my feet so I totally get you. What a lovely view into your garden you have from your eating area--LOVE the huge glass windows. Great to have young people's input no? Tish's daughter was great on the backing choice for the last quilt. And of course you're Mrs. Hot! ;-) I want to pop over and read my book with you in your back garden sitting area; it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like the feel of that outdoor canvas on my skin, either, Helen. It is a brilliant solution! :) Congratulations on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs hot is very gorgeous and it seems like Mr. Cool is close to done as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha it's not weird at all! If you are going to lounge need do so in comfort and it's much prettier to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, what self-respecting quilter wouldn't prefer cotton to canvas?! What a brilliant idea by your daughter and niece to divide the blocks into hot and cool - they really do pop this way. Love the cushions too! Here's hoping the weather keeps it up - it's been such a lovely change from what we've been having!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what lovely bright sunny colours. ....xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! Well done Helen!! It is looking good!! I can't remember which blocks I made but hope it is fitting well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are so much fun and so glad they became 2 quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun quilts, they look great out in the yard. ..and great names!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I try very hard to reply to them all.